Sunday, April 8, 2007

Easter Blog

This is the first post of my production journal. In two days I will be leaving for a two-week research trip to Finland, and Don Wood, the actor who is playing Tom Sukanen, will be joining me for the second week. When I get back at the end of April we will be launching full steam into production. May and June will be spent auditioning and casting, gathering crew, location scouting, and locating things like costumes and props. We will also be setting up caterers and other options for feeding the cast and crew on location, and making sure we have all the equipment we need. So far the team is producer Dauminique Napier, Production Designer Raul Viceral, Art Director Brette Gabel, and me, the Writer/Director/Assistant Producer. I am planning to rehearse and do workshops with the actors in July and early August and have a couple of the larger props constructed. The shoot is planned for late August. Let's see how this all plays out!

Until next time... Sisu!

1 comment:

Raul said...

Exciting!

What's a Production Designer?